Morocco. Website for this image
Why is Morocco not the same as Tunisia, Egypt and Libya?
A. Morocco is friends with Israel.
"Mossad and the Moroccans began cooperating just a few years after Morocco gained independence...
"Both countries exchanged intelligence information about their mutual enemies: Algeria and Egypt." (The Moroccan Connection: The Secret Relationship Between Israel ...)
Morocco has often served as an intermediary between Israel and the other Arab states. (Cached)
The man who runs Morocco, Andrey Azoulay, the King's adviser, is Jewish. (André Azoulay, le véritable régent au Maroc - Translate this page )
Morocco is said to be the CIA's dustbin and the CIA's recruiting ground.
Moroccans by zadig1
B. Morocco is much poorer than Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco.
In Morocco, female literacy is only 39.6%. (Morocco)
Morocco: Gross National Income per person: $2,790
Libya: GNI per person: US $12,020
On 1 March 2011, the Washington Post asks Why the Morocco protests have failed to take hold
From this we learn:
1. "The gatherings organized in recent weeks by Moroccan youths through Facebook and Twitter have been episodic and small..."
2. The demonstrations in Morocco "have been largely peaceful."
However, more than 50 people were reportedly injured in clashes with police in Agadir on 27 February 2011, rioting in Hoceima left five dead when a bank was burned by protesters, and an unwed mother of two died after setting herself on fire to protest being refused public housing.
3. Morocco has an inadequate health-care system.
Patients must often pay bribes before receiving treatment.
Schools are poor.
4. According to Abdeslam Maghraoui, a North Africa and Middle East expert at Duke University:
"People can go to jail if they say something bad about the king.
"When I hear people speak about the exception of Morocco, I find it mind-boggling."
"The level of the challenge has not intensified yet, but I think it will."
5. "The king has long been a reforming figure in Morocco," according to US State Department spokesman Philip Crowley.