It could be argued that the Mumbai attacks of 2008 were carried out by the CIA and its friends.
1. On 20 December 2009, in the Hindustan Times, Vir Sanghvi wrote the following about the American called David Headley, who is suspected of planning the Mumbai attacks of 2008 (Did America keep mum on 26/11? ):
"The only explanation that fits is this: he was an American agent all along.
"The US arrested him only when it seemed that Indian investigators were on his trail.
"He will be sentenced to jail, will vanish into the US jail system for a while and will then be sprung again — as he was the last time."
2. Headley is reported to have visited Nariman House - a Jewish residential complex in Mumbai run by the Chabad-Lubavitch ultra-orthodox movement.
3. Some reports say that the 'terrorists' stayed at a guest house there for up to 15 days before the attacks. ( http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/11/28/mumbai-attacks.html)
It is unlikely that the ultra-orthodox Jews would taken in Moslem fanatics.
The 'terrorists' inside the Nariman House Building were reported to have stocked up on supplies of alcohol.
This would suggest that the terrorists were not Moslems.
According to a witness interviewed by DNA INDIA (http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1209852) "They had purchased around two crates of chicken and liquor worth Rs25,000 from two shops in Colaba."
4. According to the Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/27/mumbai-terror-attacks-india4):
"One police officer who encountered the gunmen as they entered the Jewish centre told the Guardian the attackers were "white."
"I went into the building late last night," he said. "I got a shock because they were white. I was expecting them to look like us."
The BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/south_asia/7752625.stm) also reported witnesses as saying the Mumbai attackers were white:
Then, the “foreign looking, fair skinned” men, as Mr Mishra remembers them, simply carried on killing.
“They did not look Indian, they looked foreign. One of them, I thought, had blonde hair. The other had a punkish hairstyle. They were neatly dressed,” says Mr Amir.
5. What really happened at Nariman House may never be known.
From: The India Telegraph (http://www.telegraphindia.com/.jsp:
"Israel has requested India not to conduct post-mortems on its nationals killed in the Nariman House siege, citing what it said were 'privacy and religious reasons'."